soiips

soiips

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Wow! I can do this again

Took me awhile to figure out how to post a second blog. Good Grief!!!

Anyway I have been doing exercises in futility. Went out to shovel in the snow yesterday afternoon. Seemed quite deep and I figured if I didn't do some of it I wouldn't be able to do any of it tomorrow. Was so light a fluffy I could just push it along. The man next door was out blowing his snow. He said after watching me shovel he thought it might be easier to shovel than blow when it was so deep. Then he was concerned about my shoes. I don't have boots, my Nikes are my boots. Told him I take my shovel with me to make a path and then I don't have to worry about snow in my shoes. Last time I was here and shoveling the guy across the street was concerned about my lack of boots too. These people must come from warm climates without snow and don't know what I usually wear for shoes. Tenny runners are quite "booty" for me. Besides we haven't had deep enough snow for boots for so many years there has been no need for them. Who knows when it will snow enough for them again. In Meeteetse I can use Gpa's rubber boots over my shoes if necessary.

Went out already this morning and shoveled again. Didn't take long. My coffee didn't even have a chance to cool off before I was finished. I did measure the snow on my car as I haven't swept it off since the snow started. There is 6 inches on the hood and the roof. Was consistent so I guess that's all there was. However it looked like I shoveled more than that when I was out there. When I was out at 7:30 this morning there were three other guys out blowing snow (one was using a shovel). Now that I have finished I see a guy with a big tractor across the street. I can hear more blowers nearby too.

Looks like there might be a few more flakes to come down, but its clearing up. Will probably be going back the Mtse tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. It's nice that your neighbors are concerned about your tootsies. Maybe you should have a pair of boots just for show. I'm glad you started a blog, this is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to do some therapy too, that way you can get you a pair of boots for snow and ice. I'm so glad that I got my pair, so far they are real handy and I'm getting my money's worth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get yourself a pair of fancy boots and impress them all. You can look so fashionable shoveling snow.

    ReplyDelete