soiips

soiips

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Museum program

Last night I went to a program at the Museum.  Northwest College was sponsoring a faculty jazz ensemble.  They had a local caterer furnish wine and beer with several kinds of hors d'ouvres.  Very good.  The music was GREAT!  They played six numbers.  There were five musicians, a trumpet, saxophone, guitar, bass, and drummer.  Each one announced a number.  One was from Stan Kenton, one from Dave Brubeck, two were improvisations from Bach, one from Charlie Mingus, and the last was more blues jazz from Cannonball Adderley. I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Great program and great food.

Didn't take any pics as the light isn't good in there anyway and besides, I forgot my camera.

However, I did ask about the Owl Creek/Butch Cassidy book.  Monday at Seniors, Joan brought me her copy of it.  She has read it and isn't all that familiar with that part of the country, so she just gave it to me.  Now I don't have to copy all the info about the Prices.  She had suggested that we might find a copy of it at the Thermopolis Museum.  I'll have to tell Joe & Joy.

1 comment: