soiips

soiips

Sunday, March 22, 2015

ElkHorn, Em, Church

Last Thursday was a busy day.  Went to Cody on the Senior bus for our usual shopping trip.  Then that evening I went to the ElkHorn for Joe and Alice's surprise retirement party.  They sold the bar last week which was finalized the 13th..  The party wasn't until the 19th to coincide with the NRA Wall of Guns raffle.  They didn't suspect they're honors.  The raffle cost $10 per ticket and after 100 tickets were sold they drew a name.  Then they started another 100 tickets for the next gun.  Your ticket also included a spaghetti dinner.  I didn't participate in that. I just went to wish the Kordonoways well.  The place was packed, but I managed to get some visiting done.  After one of the raffles, the Visitor Center gal announced the gifts for Joe and Alice.  They were truly surprised. I got a few pics, and then I got my picture taken with both of them.  That took some doing as people were congratulating them and hugging.  But we got it done.  They were presented with a Memory Picture album.  The album was leather bound, done by a local person.  Everyone who wanted was included in sending in pictures or making their own page for the album.  Was a really neat thing. 

I didn't stay long, about an hour and I didn't want a plate full of spaghetti or a gun, so didn't eat.  They were much too busy to get around to tables for drinks, so I didn't have one of those either.  One fellow had gone up to the bar to get drinks, but they were too busy to even notice him, so he didn't get any either.  Think he had some later, though.  I talked to Emily on the way out and she was dog sitting for Scott and Diane, so wanted to come visit Gma.  I thought that was a splendid idea, so she was here the next morning and we had a great visit.  She looks really good.

Today, Sunday we had cake and coffee after Church for Fr. Vaske's birthday.  There were quite a lot of people today and most of them stayed.  Nice time.

There's always something going on in Mtse.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to Joe and Alice on their retirement!! Hope the place will be the same with new owners. The Elk Horn has great atmosphere and delicious food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are serving breakfast there now. Will have to try it one day. There was a nice write up in the Cody paper about Joe and Alice selling the place. I'll have to see if I can find the link.

    ReplyDelete